Friday, February 18, 2011

You say bruSHetta, I say...

... you're WRONG.

I know it's persnickety, and I can't even tell you why this particular mispronunciation gets my panties in a twist, but despite what Webster tells you, bruschetta is an Italian word, and in Italian, 'ch' followed by a vowel is pronounced as a 'k', so it is in fact pronounced broosKETtah.  I credit my Asian heritage for my uselessly nitpicky nature, superiority complex, and a lot of other huge character defects.

While I'm at it, I have nearly come to back alley throwdowns over this one, but eSpresso is not eXpresso, and not even Webster says it's ok to mispronounce that.

Imperiously yours,

shinae

p.s.  I hate the word "panty".

4 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to NEVER say these words incorrectly again :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post4knowledge upgrade.... /:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Vivs! Look forward to your inaugural post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what an even worse word than panty is?...."poop". yuck. it's just an aweful, foul, goofy word that the more you say it, it sounds less and less like an actual word. maybe that's just me.. i don't know... but being pretencious is not just an asian thing. lol. Us European; more accurately (Irish/Skandinavian/English) women are guilty as well. :)

    ReplyDelete