Monday, June 18, 2012

Yoohoo!!! I'm over...

...HERE.

Still ridiculous. Still hungry. And now thanks to Pod, also
RIDICULOUSLY HUNGRY. ALL THE TIME.

You wouldn't know it from the crickets on this blog, but I actually have been pretty busy and consistent in posting food content. Just not here.

Hell, I've even posted a few videos! :P

And previously mentioned reasons notwithstanding, one of the big reasons I've been focusing my efforts over there is because of these Cookalongs I've been hosting.

First a Pho Tai Cookalong.





And I hope these Cookalongs are becoming a slow, but hopefully steady realization of the kind of thing I envisioned doing when I first set out to provide low cost cooking classes to as many people as possible.

And I swear I'm not shilling for Google, though I think the Monsters wish I were so they could tell their friends I'm thusly employed... ^-

But I am finding their platform a great way to provide both a real time and yet self paced learning and doing environment that still incorporates a sense of community and cooperation. Not to mention the ability to archive posts for future reference should the actual Cookalong day conflict with the schedule of someone who really wants to learn how to make a thing.

And with the Pod on the way and my steadily acquired preference for an ever so mildly hermitic existence, this virtual format just works for me for now. And I'm hoping it will gain momentum because I actually feel really good about what I'm doing with it.

I'm not shutting down this blog by any means. There are still so many good reasons to keep blogging, and I imagine once the dust is settled, I'll find a better way to balance this with that. But in the meantime, I just wanted to let you know I'm still here - still cooking, eating, and writing. And hoping that, if you're interested in seeing what food-related things I've been up to, or in participating or just watching the Cookalongs, you'll join me over there from time to time. :)

Hasta luego,

shinae

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm new to blogging and love your site. I created a food blog with my homemade recipes if you are interested. http://nanshomecooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete