Monday, January 14, 2013

Back In Black - Day 124 (Sunday) & Something About How Things Change...

LOL @ me.

Wasn't it just a month ago when I said we were going to sit tight and hold off on the house hunting thing for a while? Well, if the past two years have proven anything, it's that anything can happen in the relative blink of an eye.

And what has happened in that roughly monthlong blink is that, house hunting bug placed in our brains, we were really beginning to feel the squeeze in this 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 625 square foot space with 2 adults, 2 practically teens, 1 baby, and 1 wiener dog on the weekends. 

Sometimes even 1 Little Asian Mama and 1 Medium Asian Papa on the weekends, too.

If there's anything I'll take credit for, it's being a make-do kinda gal. And I think we really have done a good job of squeezing a lot of good living out of this place...

But teen and pre-teen bodies are growing and we literally feel like we're tripping over one another in a way we weren't before they started their respective spurts.

So today finds me and the Man tired of house hunting, relieved that nothing of interest has come up in the past two days so we can stop driving around and wearing ourselves out for a minute, and anxiously awaiting word on an offer we've put in on a bigger space with a bigger kitchen, but smaller yard. 

One that won't require much time and many dollars to make livable. One that won't put us in bedroomy master planned nor Gangster's Paradise urban hell, both of which exist in our fair city.

And we won't know anything until the 21st.

Tom Petty said it best. The waiting is the hardest part.

In the meantime, we've been doing a lot of convenience eating, and something tells me that probably hasn't helped me in my LBD quest one bit. But I am cutting back down on portions and alcohol, reupping my fresh produce intake, and escaping the holidays will certainly help us keep crap we normally wouldn't stock out of the house.

But I'm not ready to try the dress on again. No point in giving myself a sad on top of the anxiety. :P

BREAKFAST

was a bowl of Cinnamon Pecan Special K with milk. And lots of coffee.

LUNCH

was four bo bia made by Little Asian Mama during my parents' visit.


DINNER



EXERCISE

was cooking ahead for the week - three separate dishes in an hour and a half - a fridge cleanout veg soup with a little bacon, a Cuban style chicken stew, and roast chicken breast.

Because sometimes you just have to put a positive spin on things. :)

I am so ready to move my teeth want to fall out. (Does anyone else get that sensation when you're anxious?)

Off to tidy up and try to make this space feel not so small in the meantime...

shinae

3 comments: