Thursday, March 14, 2013

Something About Doors Opening & Closing...

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

~ Alexander Graham Bell



Patch o' dirt in our new back yard. :)


This morning's usual food programming was interrupted by a visit to the OB/GYN to confirm our suspicion regarding certain events of earlier this week.

And indeed it is confirmed: I miscarried. And I am otherwise perfectly fine and healthy.


That's it. Nothing major, and nothing minor - a fact of life as sure as pregnancy itself, specially the older we get. And I did turn 40 this year, after all. :)


So while we thought it would be nice for Izzy to have a peer sibling, I also promised myself long ago that my child bearing era would end when I turned 40. And I've learned not to have too many hard and fast rules about Life, but I've also learned that determination and decision are sometimes necessary to achieve certain good things.


Dean and I together have determined and decided that we are done making babies, that we are perfectly happy and grateful that we have three beautiful children between us, that we are going to raise them to be a family even when we're long gone, and that there are lots of things to grow in this here patch of dirt behind our new home, both literal and metaphorical: fruits, vegetables, flowers, travel, goals, and other good dreams.


Thanks always for your support, encouragement and good juju in all we experience and endeavor, peeps.


Looking forward to continuing to share it with you. :)


shinae

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shinae, I'm so sorry to hear that, and I feel like such a jerk for posting just now on the last post before reading this one. I was catching up on my rss feeds and they must be in an odd order. I'm glad to hear that you are safe and sound and all else is well. Sending you warm squishy lovey vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this Shinae. Glad you are ok, but also glad to hear the positive outlook you two have on this.

    This is where I should try to share some philosophical statement, but one really doesn't come to mind.

    You have a lovely family, and will have plenty of blessings to come in the future growing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessings and love to you all.

    ReplyDelete