Sunday, March 10, 2013

Filling In The Gap & Streamlining...

Quick housekeeping note: If you don't know about my other blog, it might appear that I've neglected to blog for the past month and half, but other than my usual daily food (and other) posts, I actually have been blogging the month leading up to my 40th birthday (among other things), just over there. 

I started that other blog in order to compartmentalize my writing a bit - more food here, more personal stuff over there - and to spare those interested in my food content but not so much my other jibber jabber the tedium of having to read my cheap therapy posts. 

But since that inaugural compost pile post written over a year and half ago, I've come to realize that one of the things I most enjoy about this new career path I'm carving out for myself as one who relates food to life is the blending of personal and professional perspectives. The lack of that non-clinical schizophrenia we've all experienced when trying to divorce our work selves from our deeply personal selves. I am hopeful and optimistic that I won't have to.

So while I won't be shutting the compost pile down anytime soon (because Goddess knows how long it'll take me to migrate those posts over here if ever), I'll just be shoving my extraculinary scraps into a mini compost pile in this here blog because it just feels more efficient, more right, and more me.


Signing off for the morning from my new kitchen office (yes, we've finally moved from the teeny tiny bungalow),

The newly minted 40 year old and once again preggo,

shinae

(There. I'm pretty sure you're all filled in now! :D)

3 comments:

  1. Shinae! HOW on earth did I not know you were a blogger in addition to being one of my G+ faves? I'm off to check out the other blog now too. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Because I'm a horribly inconsistent one? :P

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! Congratulations! You are a baby making dynamo!

    ReplyDelete