Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Eve Chicken & Waffles

I always tell the Monsters that they don't need to buy me gifts. And I mean that sincerely. But I will always be more than happy to cook with them, which is gift enough for me. 


+Dean Robinson Izzysat while Joey and I made the Chicken and Waffles (storebought frozen Belgian waffles today, and my fried chicken recipe) and Mads and I worked together on our Broccoli Raisin Slawlad.



Two timers went off on Joey at the same time - the last batch of chicken and the waffles in the oven - and he learned yet another valuable kitchen lesson today: Whatever you do, DON'T PANIC, and just do what you can, trying to remember which is more urgent. In this case, the waffles were more urgent than the fried chicken because we didn't want them to go from perfectly done to crispy, so I helped him out by taking the waffles out of the oven while he fished the last of the chicken out of the oil.

The rest of them went for gravy instead of maple, I went for both, and Joey, the kid who drinks Worcestershire out of the bottle when he thinks I'm not looking, looked at me like I'm weird. 

Cooking with my kids, eating fried chicken with the whole family, drinking a cold beer... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVE TO ME. :)


shinae


Full album HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment