Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On Love, Luxury & Lobster Tails on Sale...

In another life, I had twice the money, owned three times the number of houses, and shopped ten times more than I do today, yet I feel infinitely richer now than I did then.

And though the journey to this place was rocky, winding, complex, complicated and downright dangerous at times, if I had to distill the difference between then and now down to one thing, it would be LOVE.

My Love and I, we love the lobster... :P

That I came to love myself enough to live a life that was right for my soul and my conscience, even if it meant painfully extracting myself from a life that others thought was right for them and in which I played a big part.

And that in so doing, I found true love with someone who loved all the things about me that I love about myself, including my children. Who was capable of loving me fully when it looked like I had absolutely nothing in the world to offer but love.


Who supported and enabled me to spend my days doing what I love without promise of anything returned but my love and respect for him.

And I don't mean that pacifistic, feel good, all you need is love kind of love.

A life and identity that took decades to build and almost all of the relationships that came with it had to die for this love. Assets and net worth and credit ratings and legal rights and even maternal rights for a time, had to die for this love.

We also love a good lager to wash down the lobster...

The path to this love was a battlefield, and war was Hell.

But when you can sit down at the end of the day to a lovely little lobster roll with the love of your life having spent your day doing what you love, even if that lobster was only $5.99 per tail on sale, it is an absolute privilege and luxury afforded you at that point in your life when you're willing to pay with all the things you think you possess that don't really matter for the one thing that really does.

shinae

Full album HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment