Sunday, October 7, 2012

Back In Black - Day 24 (Wednesday) & Something About Situational Awareness...

If I've learned anything about myself through my greater internet exposure (and thereby greater internet interaction with others), it's that I have very low tolerance for instances of what my friend Mary calls a lack of "situational awareness."

This is never so evident as when people chime in on one of my posts (or even the posts of others) to express contrary sentiments when it should be clear to most reasonable people (or at least it is to me, and I guess you'll have to take my word that I'm reasonable) that the context of the post doesn't invite them.

And it's not that I can't tolerate thoughts and opinions that don't agree with the original ones expressed. But there are less annoying, intrusive, and inappropriate moments in which to voice your contrary thoughts than to detract from someone's glee at a thing with your utterance that the same thing has no value for you; or to minimize the calming and cathartic power of a vent by implying that the person need not be ruffled by such clearly trivial things that you clearly are too superior to be affected by; or to minimize someone else's sense of accomplishment at having done a certain thing in their own way by needing to display your knowledge of the same process by telling them a "better" way to accomplish the same thing.

226 words to basically say, "READ THE FUCKING ROOM, PEOPLE."

Clearly, I am not so bothered by verbosity.

And on Wednesday...

BREAKFAST

was another half PB&B.


LUNCH



DINNER

was Sweet Tangy Spicy Fried Chicken and celery sticks with Creamy JalapeƱo Cilantro dressing, washed down with a Kirin. In a can, even.



EXERCISE

Unless I indicate to the contrary, I think you can pretty much assume I did not. The motivation to work out has been pretty hard to come by for, like, you know, THE PAST TWO YEARS.

I know my patterns well enough to know that it'll return some day. But in the meantime, I know that cutting my portions, while still eating everything I like (I've indulged in a couple of Drumsticks and cookies this week) is still having some positive effect because it wasn't so touch and go pulling the dress up over the hips this week as it was the last.

I suppose I should be disappointed in myself, but oddly, I'm not. And I think that has something to do with the gift of self acceptance that age brings with it. Sure I'd be happy to get back into that dress sooner than later, but I'm no less happy with my having gotten this blog entry written, or sharing a recipe that someone made their own and loved.

Off to brew my second cuppa and tidy up a bit.

shinae

No comments:

Post a Comment