Sunday, October 9, 2011

100 DOLLARS A WEEK - Day 23 & Something About Looking Sassy While Grocery Shopping...

"Babe, where are you going in that outfit? To meet your other boyfriend??"

"If by *other boyfriend* you mean the little Mexican lady who rings up my groceries at Earthgrown, then YES."

Sometimes I think it's a little pathetic that I dress up to go grocery shopping, but I have this closet full of clothes, see. And if they don't go with me on my weekly grocery run, they may never see the light of day again before I get too fat to wear them.

Yesterday, it was a dusty rose cashmere sweater with jeans and these little retro black heels with tiny single bows on the outside and a pair of faux pearl earrings. Hair down, face put on, and a spritz of Bulgari Omnia Green Jade on the wrists and behind the ears.

Clacking around in my heels in a market made for hippies wearing Jesus sandals, did I look and sound a little ridiculous?

OF COURSE I DID.

But you only live this life once, and when you leave it, you can't take your cute clothes with you.

BREAKFAST

As the kids were still stoked on their chocolate Cheerios, those for them.


For the grown folk, honey turkey ham & Monterey Jack croissants.



   2 bowls of cereal with milk $1.00
+ 2 croissants $0.75
+ 3 slices of turkey ham $0.30
+ cheese $0.60
+ 2 cups of coffee $0.40

= BREAKFAST: $3.05 total

SNACK

Never one to go too long without eating, the Girl asked for a snack, so half a Honeycrisp apple (which are really good, btw - they're new to me) and some cheese.


This week, it seems I can't go too long without another cup of coffee so another two 6 oz. cups for me.

   1 Honeycrisp apple $0.30
+ cheese $0.30
+ 2 cups coffee $0.40

= SNACK: $1.00

LUNCH

With brew day commotion and so much else to do and with kids clamoring for brownies, I decided to do brownies a la mode for lunch for the four of us plus a regular brew buddy, and the Girl thought this was *The Best Lunch Ever*.


   1 package of Betty Crocker brownie mix $1.80
+ 2 eggs and some oil $0.45
+ ice cream for five $2.50 (There was a twofer sale on Breyer's this week)

= LUNCH: $4.75 total, $0.95/person

DINNER

I think I've mentioned before how brew days can become social events. Another friend whom the Man hasn't seen in a while dropped by to participate in brew day, so chicken teriyaki and garden salad meant for 3 adults and 2 kids became chicken teriyaki and garden salad plus some tamagoyaki (rolled omelettes) for 4 adults and 2 kids.


And more brownies for all because, why not?


   chicken $3.00
+ soy sauce, rice wine, sugar $1.25
+ garlic & ginger $0.20
+ 4 eggs $0.70
+ 3 slices of ham $0.30
+ 2 cups rice $0.80
+ half a head of romaine $0.50
+ half a carrot $0.10
+ half a basket of cherry tomatoes $0.75
+ half a cucumber $0.30
+ a little red cabbage $0.10
+ mayo, ketchup, oil, vinegar and some other seasonings for Thousand Island dressing $0.50

= DINNER: $8.50 total, $1.45/serving (for 6 modest servings)

$17.30 spent today, and the Boy is back at his other house this week. I'm going to miss both my goobers.

All the more reason to start up that new blogging project, I think!

Saturday:  $18.15
Sunday:  $17.30

$35.45 spent with 5 days left to go. Tomorrow will probably have something to do with ground beef.

I think it's time for a beer.

shinae

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! Love the coffee cup smiles.. That should be your trademark sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like Mr. Coffee Potato Head! Some days it's work to dress him... :P

    ReplyDelete