Monday, November 21, 2011

100 DOLLARS A WEEK PT.2 - Day 1 (Friday) The Meals...

You know, it really is something to have a crap memory and have to write retrospective blog posts like this. Some days, I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast by time lunch rolls around. It's a good thing I take pictures of everything to help me remember.

So where was I at?

BREAKFAST

Oh, yes. Friday. The Man had the day off on Friday and was rudely roused from his sleep by a doughnut-jonesing me.  :)


   3 doughnuts $2.30
+ 2 cups of coffee made at home $0.40

= $2.70 FOR BREAKFAST


LUNCH

I vaguely recall that we were both really busy with odd things, so we ended up eating the last of the Japanese curry from the tonkatsu (DTOHNkahtseuh) and kare raisu (GAHreh RYseuh) dinner of the night before, with a fried egg on top for some added protein.

That bloody mess is the splattage from the last
of the old bottle of sriracha...

   2 eggs @ $0.35
+ leftover curry already paid for

= $0.35 FOR LUNCH

DINNER

As the girlchild had a birthday sleepover, it was just me, the Man and the Boy for dinner, and we had goi cuon and some pho broth.


   about a pound of pork $3.00
+ lettuce, mint, cilantro, sprouts, jalapeno and wrapping paper $2.00
+ onion, garlic, ginger, anise & cinnamon for broth $1.00

= $6.00 FOR DINNER ($2/serving)

$9.05 spent on the first day of the project. Sorry this post is so cheap, but I'm trying to get caught up!  :o

shinae

No comments:

Post a Comment