Tuesday, December 6, 2011

100 DOLLARS A WEEK PT.2 - Day 15 (Friday) & Something About Talent Shows & Rude People...

Friday was Mads' talent show.

For all the snarking I do on Stepford, I have to say that the particular area of Stepford in which I raised my kids for the first majority of their lives and in which they live during the week is a pretty chill corner of masterplanned purgatory. And the talent show, which was earnest, adorable, and entirely unprofessional, really reflected that chillness.

No stage moms, no child prodigies, no big production. Just mildly rehearsed and unprecocious kids doing what they love to do with a few technical difficulties in between. When Mads' turn was up, the emcees forgot to announce her, and the sound person missed her music cue, but she took it all in stride. And then I think the cutest thing ever was the way her face lit up when we all started clapping with the music. It is one of the lovelier feelings of performing, that the audience is on your side, and doubtless Mads felt it because she was already making plans for next year's performance in the car on the way home.

Do not, however, get me started on the grown people who could not seem to keep their yaps shut while other peoples' children were performing. Of course that they invariably become indignant when someone shushes them or gives them the look is all the more bitchslapworthy. I sure hope they're raising their kids better than their mamas raised them...

BREAKFAST

was an egg and sausage burrito.



Though I love flour tortillas, they sit in my belly like bricks, so I divvied up the burrito 60/40 for the Man and me.

   3 eggs $0.50
+ 2 breakfast sausage patties $0.70
+ 1 large flour tortilla $0.45
+ 2 cups of coffee $0.40

= $2.05 FOR BREAKFAST

LUNCH

was an Asian-esque chicken salad made with green cabbage, celery, red bell pepper, pineapple, cilantro and green onion, roasted chicken breast, and some leftover soy chili sesame dressing left over from another menu on another day.


It was a perfect light lunch to counter the heaviness of breakfast.

   a third of a head of green cabbage, 2 stalks of celery, a third of a bell pepper, a fifth of a pineapple, and some cilantro and green onion $1.10
+ a chicken breast $3.00

= $4.10 FOR LUNCH ($2.05/serving)

SNACK


PB graham crackers. As the crackers were already accounted for on Thanksgiving, I figure a few schmears of peanut butter...


= $0.20 FOR SNACK


DINNER

UGH. It makes me sick to think what we paid for really crappy burgers on Friday. Between a local drive thru called Angelo's, which I've determined never to eat at again, and a Carl's Jr. run after Mads' talent show, we spent $30 on some really, REALLY, crappyass food.

But that comes from the Entertainment budget, and it's $30 less that we get to spend on sushi this month. POO.


3AM SNACK

Here we go with the preggo eating... I took the rest of the chicken breast from lunch and made chicken salad with a little celery, onion, mayo, and dill pickle to eat with celery sticks.

But not even I am taking pics of my food at frickin 3 in the morning.

Since the chicken was already accounted for at lunch, I figure the seasonings and celery sticks were...

= $0.40 FOR SNACK


$6.75 spent on the first day of the third week. I won't even kid myself that I have an even remote chance of getting caught up today.

shinae

1 comment:

  1. I could picture Madd's litted up face and the scenario of clapping hands part. I'm so glad to know that she wanted to take part again next year. All the best and good luck, Madd! ;)

    ReplyDelete