Thursday, December 8, 2011

100 DOLLARS A WEEK PT.2 - Day 20 (Wednesday) & Something About My Favorite Things...

Uni and foie gras and orbs of burrata,
Geoduck and Dungeness and fresh handmade pasta,
Pork belly braised in sweet soy and Shaoxing,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Oysters on half shells with herbed mignonette,
Crisp bubbly cava and chocolate noisettes,
Scallop ceviche and hot chicken wings,
These are a few of my favorite things...


Let me just say that it was sooo much harder to do that than I thought it would be when I set out to do it. It would probably have been a lot easier if I didn't insist on listing foods that I actually love.

If you give it a whirl, let me know what you come up with!

And on Wednesday...

BREAKFAST

Because we woke up late, I opted to assemble a quick breakfast of yogurt with pomegranate and honey and a couple of tomato-turkey stacks with a dab of mayo and a turn of black pepper.



yogurt and pomegranate and honey for 2 $1.50
+ half a tomato, some turkey and mayo $0.50
+ 2 cups of coffee $0.40

= $2.40 FOR BREAKFAST FOR 2

LUNCH

Because I've been craving gringo Chinese for a week, I decided to make some Mongolian Beef. 



As of today, I could still go for some Orange Chicken. And some greasy Chow Mein, too...

half a pound of flap steak (I got it on clearance) $2.50
+ half and onion and 2 green onions $0.20
+ some soy, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and red chili flakes $0.40

= $3.10 FOR LUNCH FOR 2 

SNACK

A banana and some PB. For some reason, I always hesitate to post pictures of bananas...


one banana and some peanut butter

= $0.30 FOR SNACK

DINNER

Because I really didn't feel like cooking, it was ramen. And not even the doctored kind. Just ramen (well, I did mix two different kinds) and kimchi.


1 Sapporo Ichiban ramen $0.50
+ 1 Shin Black ramyun $1.00

= $1.50 FOR DINNER FOR 2

SNACK

Roasted fresh chile and lime garbanzos.


half a pound of fresh garbanzos $1.50
+ some cayenne, salt, sugar, onion powder, and lime juice $0.10

= $1.70 FOR SNACK

$9.00 spent on Wednesday.

Friday 12/02 - $6.75
Saturday 12/03 - $15.80
Sunday 12/04 - $14.60
Monday 12/05 - $12.60
Tuesday 12/06 - $6.35
Wednesday 12/07 - $9.00

$65.10 spent so far with one more day left to account for this week.

I really should start cooking dinner, but I really don't want to. :)

shinae

No comments:

Post a Comment