Monday, September 17, 2012

Back In Black - Day 5 (Friday)...

Deja vu.

Three days behind on a daily diary. I've been here before...

I often find myself torn between the part of me that keeps this blog for me, and the part of me that keeps this blog to share with others.

The first part would have been happy to write a regular, daily journal entry and be done with it, on time, without having to face tomorrow's disappointment that I'm behind yet again. The other part of me thinks it would not be a nice thing to subject the kind folks who read this blog to how truly mundane, banal, and uninteresting my thoughts are most days.

That said, Friday was a busier than usual day because we picked the Monsters up in Stepford rather than the usual midway point. Bad thing is it put us in the car for a couple of hours that we could have been doing something else. Good thing is it took me up to 99 Ranch to buy fairly fresh (and yes, farmed) salmon for $2.99/pound. And some head-on shrimp as well.

As well as some jasmine rice, sriracha, hoisin, fish sauce, Mama brand noodles, rice paper, rice noodles, and an incredibly good deal on a box of Kirin, which Dean and I both find quite refreshing on the kinds of hot, muggy summer days we've been having, even a stone's throw from the coast.

There's another 99 Ranch south of us in the same county, but it really isn't that much closer. It occurs to me that North SD county could really benefit from a 99 Ranch. Wonder why it doesn't occur to them...

BREAKFAST

Sometimes I really do make the most whack grocery shopping choices. I do not now and have never liked Shredded Wheat. And yet when I saw that big yellow clearance shelf tag that said *SHREDDED WHEAT $0.75*, I rationalized to myself that it would keep me regular for many days, for just pennies per day.

So I bought it.

And I put some bananas on it.

And it still tasted like a heap of shredded cardboard. With bananas on it.


SNACK

A handful of banana chips. I love those things.


LUNCH

was a roast chicken sandwich on Rosemary Asiago Focaccia with some tomatoes and and herb salad mix that contained arugula. I love arugula on my sandwiches. For the dressing, the rest of the lemon garlic crema I made for tacos earlier in the week.


DINNER

, because we got home pretty late from Stepford, was more of the same.


EXERCISE

Unless you call strolling the aisles of an Asian market for about 25 minutes exercise, I did not exercise on Friday. But I did have a conversation at the seafood counter with one of those talk out of your ass people who tried to tell me that I have better seafood shopping and restaurants in Oceanside than they do in Stepford. (There were other indicators of her talk out of her assness, BTW.) As much as I love my new home, I am a realist. And Stepford has us beat by several many miles in both those departments.

And since I only let that exchange go about 3 minutes before I smiled and told her to have a nice day, we'll say I did actually *exercise* my good judgment.

Off to try to catch up while Izz naps. (That sounds familiar...)

shinae

No comments:

Post a Comment